[Dailydrool] A year ago

Susan Green Suzyvette at satx.rr.com
Tue May 4 14:01:27 PDT 2010

A year ago today I started my road trip to Daphneyland to meet Holly Noelle and bring her home.  I was also bringing home Isabella and keeping her until Sherrilyn could pick her up on the way to her new assignment.

I had my trip all planned out and expected to get to California on May 6th, but actually got there a day earlier.  I didn't realize that the speed limit was going to be 80mph for the majority of the trip.  I drove for 300 miles and the only person I saw was a State Trooper, got to see him up close and personal too...LOL   Thankfully in Texas you can take an online course and the ticket disappears as long as you don't have other moving violations.  That was the first time in 40 years of driving that I ever got a ticket.

I drove up to Daphneyland early in the morning on May 6th and Holly Noelle immediately gave the warning that there was a stranger on the property.  She continued to give the alarm for at least 30 minutes.  I wasn't sure she was ever going to be quiet long enough to get to know me, or if my ears could stand the constant howling.  My girl can howl forever, and is very loud.

I spent 5 days at the ranch getting to know Holly and Isabella, and about 90 other Hounds.  It was a wonderful experience, one that I will never forget.  I'm hoping to get back there again one day.  I know that Dawn would love to see her Holly Noelle again :)

Holly no longer yells at me, but anyone else is fair game.  Her newest game is sitting on her bed by the open window and howling at anyone that should dare walk down her street.

She spent the day at the spa yesterday getting ready for her 10 day gotcha event.  I could never actually pinpoint her gotcha day...left on the 4th, met her on the 6th, left with her on the 11th, and got home on the 13th.  So we will celebrate for 10 days :)

Suz
Holly Noelle - Does that mean steak for dinner??