[Dailydrool] Janie Anne's Gotcha' Day

Bill billa_1 at msn.com
Wed May 5 06:13:48 PDT 2010

With all the terrible things going on recently, our prayers and drool to all who have have had a loss or a Bridge journey, but I wanted to add something on a happier vein.
Today I celebrate Janie Anne coming into my life.
It's hard to believe that she and I have been together for 4 years today.
I Bless the day I found her in Petfinders' and drove 250 miles to pick her up.
She was so frightened, having been relinquished by her former family who could no longer keep her.  I'm sure she couldn't understand why she wasn't with them and who were all of these new people.
After I finally coaxed her into my car and drove to the motel, I had to sit with her for almost an hour while she cowered in the space in front of the passenger seat before she would even leave the car.
I knew Bassets a little bit, but had never seen a "Lemon" Basset.  It was "love at first sight" on my part, but it did take a week or so for her to adjust to me.
During the last 4 years, I have found so many friends on the Drool and learned so much about our beloved breed.  We have fostered 3 "homeless" Bassets, culminating in our adoption of Siobhan last September.
So I thank you all and hope everyone will take a minute and hug their pups for us in celebration of our Great day.
Frosty paws and double cheeseburgers for everyone!
Woofs,
Janie Anne, Siobhan and Bill