[Dailydrool] Proctor & Gamble just bought Natura: Innova, Evo, etc...

Kathleen Jones klj at efn.org
Wed May 5 22:10:40 PDT 2010

Never mind what Tiger Woods does.  Here's a news item that has me feeling disillusioned & a bit betrayed.   Natura Foods with their "Melamine free" guarantee just sold to Proctor & Gamble, makers of Tide, Dawn, etc... & subject of a few animal-testing boycotts.   We have liked California Natural, & Evo for treats, & Healthwise, & Innova sometimes.  Even the kitties liked California Natural.  Sigh...

Kathleen
 & Maestro (I keep telling you I can live on cheese & crackers!  Maybe some pizza... heavy on the cheeeze!)

Procter & Gamble to purchase Natura Pet Products
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9FGP1IG0.htm

Procter & Gamble Co. has signed a deal to buy privately held pet food company Natura Pet Products Inc., the consumer products company said Wednesday.  Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

Natura, whose brands include Innova, Evo, Healthwise and Karma, sells its products mostly at specialty pet stores and through veterinarians in the U.S. and Canada. The privately held company is based in Davis, Calif.

Procter & Gamble said the acquisition gives it access to the holistic and naturals pet food segment, which will complement its existing Iams and Eukanuba brands.

Procter & Gamble hopes to close the deal in about a month.