[Dailydrool] Holly Noelle's Anniversary gift to me

Susan Green Suzyvette at satx.rr.com
Fri May 7 13:00:11 PDT 2010

Holly Noelle thought long and hard on what to get me for an anniversary gift.  Here's what she came up with.......
a $425 Vet bill :)

I noticed that her hair was matted on her side the other day and thought she had rolled in something.  This morning I was petting her and I realized that the area was a lot larger than it was yesterday.  When I started wiping it I realized it was dried blood.  Then I noticed some marks on the top of her head and thought that she had gotten into it with a stray cat.  I called the Vet and they told me to come right over.

It turns out that she has bad alergies.  It has to be just a spring allery since she had no problems last year.  We got home to San Antonio on May 13th last year, so whatever is bothering her was already out of the area by then.  I'm guessing that it's oak b/c it's been very bad this year.

The Vet gave her 4 shots, she's on antibiotics for 2 weeks, Benadryl 3 times a day, special shampoo, and the Vet sent me home with surgical scrub and an antibiotic cream that I have to use on her 3 times a day.  They shaved a large spot on her side, about 3 inches by 5 inches.

She didn't eat breakfast this morning and that's probably b/c she was running a fever.  But she managed to gain 5 pounds since her last visit, not exactly the way I want her weight to go.  So she will be starting on the DD green bean diet shortly.  She has to go back to the Vet in 2 weeks, sooner if I start seeing more spots that she is scratching a lot.

I think that since she spent so much money that maybe it should be a combined Anniversary & Mother's Day gift.
I don't think I can afford 2 gifts from her in 1 week...LOL

Suz
Holly Noelle - I itch and I'm sleepy