[Dailydrool] Granny Ma

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Fri May 7 13:00:18 PDT 2010

I always considered Granny Ma to be the matriarch of GGBR. She was a rare black and
white gal who would have been 20 yrs old this year (verified by her vet records).  I featured
Granny Ma in the Senior Spotlight when I helped out at our Rocklin Woofstock booth.  People
were so surprised to learn that she was 19 years old.  She did not look it.  If I could only age half
as well as she did.  She lived well beyond her "expected" years which goes to prove that seniors
can be surprising in so many ways.  Granny Ma was a testament to the longevity of a basset.
I no longer believe in the life expentancy of a basset.  They are here for us to love them for as long
as that may be.

Thank you Sara, Jan and Montana for giving Granny Ma a loving and wonderful home for over 5 years.
You gave her the love she so deserved.  We are so grateful to the both of you.  We are sending
you Heart Comforting Drool and you are both in our prayers.

I have lit the Remembrance Candle and the special treats have been given in celebration of
Granny Ma's life here on earth.  Run free Granny Ma and enjoy the many trash cans that are
overflowing with wonderful foods in you honor.  Though I know that one of your cherished
activites on earth was terrorizing Grandpa Amos but I hope you will give him a little break.

You will always be in my heart and cherished memories.
Karen and The Dog House Gang