[Dailydrool] Fire prevention

Mary Mischelle Kemp mmischellekemp at hotmail.com
Fri May 7 13:41:25 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I've been away from the drool for about 9 months because I simply haven't had time to read them, but I've missed you all! I finally have more time and I'm back but am dismayed to hear about the house fires.

I also have the stickers on my doors alerting firemen that I have dogs but in addition to that we have fire drills at our house.  In 2007 when I read on the drool about the Kosik's house fire it made me start to think about what else I could do to protect Tas and Fiz. They always have free run of the house and we have a doggy door so we started having fire drills.

I set off the fire alarm (as often on accident as on purpose) and then start saying "Outside! Outside" the boys look at me like I'm a crazy woman and then go outside. Then they get a treat. I don't know if they would really go outside if there was a fire, but I hope they would. I hope in the back of their minds they would hear me yelling "Outside! Outside!" and act on it. I guess, if they didn't act on it I would have the comfort of knowing I tried. I pray fervently that I know if they would go outside, in fact each time I leave my house I ask God to "protect my home and my hounds"

Like everyone else my heart is breaking for both families and they are in my thoughts and prayers

Mary Mischelle, Pw. Tasselhoff Burfoot and Francis' Lil Fizban