[Dailydrool] Brudder Jake

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Fri May 7 18:47:00 PDT 2010

Momma here. It has been no secret--thank you Elwood---that I had to have dental surgery this week--and as Elwood repawted this one was real bad--I have been "zooted" on meds, barely aware---but thru all this, Brudder Jake has been off the feed. This guy is my basset trial, way too smart for his own fur, and never misses a beat, the now resident bellhound, and my office dog. He is the only one that comes upstairs with me, his past was just flat ugly. We work so hard with him, and it is finally paying off.  He is also huge, the boy loves the bowl--and he loves his Momma with out limits.
When he quit eating, I was like wow--another problem--heck I could not see out of but 1 eye--this has to pass with Jake, Doc is across town--you know what I am sayin g here--so the week passed, he ate some, but not much.
Today I felt better, and took stock of Brudder Jake.
I took him upstairs, just Jake and I, I laid on the floor, spoke to him, rubbed his belly, and Jake showed me what his problem was.
He sniffed the side of my swollen, black face, he cried and ever so gently the big guy gave me gentle kisses on the bruises. I sat and told him it was all okay, hugged his neck and next thing I knew, my Jake was back, hungry, romping and life was back to normal--now this is a smart basset--here he was worried about me, but when I told him it was all okay and he sniffed it out himself--life was then good. Basset behavior is amazing if you watch and listen--and Jake sucked to bowl off the floor tonight----

Drool to all in need--

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake