[Dailydrool] Natural flea and tick remedies.

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Fri May 7 20:43:53 PDT 2010

The gang has been on Frontline then Frontline Plus for years.  I did use one of
the other spot ons from the vet before Frontline but that did not work at all.  We
never had a problem until this year.  The Frontline just doesn't seem to work as well
and I started finding pesty little fleas and a couple of creepy crawly ticks (not embedded,
just crawling) at less than 3 weeks. (ughhhhhh)  What is worse is that this started
when we were still have cool weather.  Poor little Sadie Maye is very allergic to
flea bites but then she is allergic to everything.

So with the suggestions of a show breeder and seconded by another we started
using what I call Willow's concoction.  I have been using it for a few months now
and no more crawly critters.  The skeeters also don't swarm them on our walks by
the river just me.  So I am now trying it myself in hopes the skeeters will not  bother
me anymore.   I was told that it takes two weeks to get in their system, so they stayed
on Frontline that first month.  Honestly with just my 5, I was having a hard time
with paying for something that was not working or that I was going to have to
use more frequently.

Willow's Concoction
3 parts kelp powder or granules
1 part garlic powder
Mix together well.  I put my mix in a old parmesan cheese shaker bottle and give a little
sprinkle on the food every day.  Alternatively you can just put a pinch sprinkled on the food.

(Yes I did taste it and it's good.  I use it on my salad.)

For fosters that come in I found, by accident, that the medicated Mane and Tail Shampoo
works great at killing fleas.  The fleas went belly up and fell off before they got a chance to
jump.  WoooooHoooooo.  (The shampoo and cream rinse was recommended by my vet for
Sadie Maye as everything else she seemed to have an issue with.)

Droolz,
Karen and The Dog House Gang

Da Momma Hates da creepy crawly thingys!  Herz fweek out an lass time wen Anya wuz
sprung fum da deff row cuz of fleez and herz dump we in da tub.  Den der da big cleen.  Momma
so werdo.  Youz shud see her wen der a spidder.  Almoss as funny as da big sneek!