[Dailydrool] Happy Mother's Day!

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Sat May 8 18:31:23 PDT 2010

My mom said that she was going to get me a Mother's Day gift, even though I don't have any human children.  She said, "You have Fred and Annie...you don't think that counts?"  I avoided the question, and told her not to get me anything.  However, I secretly DO think that it counts, and here is one of the few places where I feel that I can admit that openly.  I wake up earlier than I need/want to, not to change diapers, but to walk my babies.  I don't prepare bottles or open cans of baby food, but instead I open cans of string beans, pumpkin and dog food to make their dry kibble more appealing.  When I leave for work, I don't need daycare or a babysitter, but I never leave without giving kisses goodbye, and telling them that I love them and will be home as soon as I can.  If I'm going to be away longer than usual, their buddy Lorraine is hired to come and walk them, feed them if necessary, and give them a little love.  When I get home, I am SO happy to see them, and while I don't heat up chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese, there's more food prepared, and some of mine shared.  We then head out for our evening walk, even though I'd love to just sit on the couch and relax...they've been inside all day waiting for me, and they deserve some fresh air.  At night, there are no bedtime stories, just snuggling on the couch and finally, more good night kisses and "I love you, see you in the morning."

I would do anything for them.  Isn't that the definition of a mom?

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Rose, Annie and Fred