[Dailydrool] overweight senior hound and food

Susan Woodward critters4 at bellsouth.net
Sun May 9 10:42:00 PDT 2010

I don't have a senior but use the Iams Calorie Restricted (sold only at the
vets) on my female basset and it works GREAT! I tried the Science Diet and
(a) the dog didn't seem to like it and (b) it started to dull her coat. She
has lost 10 pounds on the Iams and her coat is so glossy. I feed her about a
cup and a quarter twice daily. As a treat there are raw green beans or baby
carrots. Also a dollop of plain yogurt on top will help sweeten the pot.

Good Luck,
Susan & critters