[Dailydrool] Recovery

machonnold at yahoo.com machonnold at yahoo.com
Sat May 8 16:08:08 PDT 2010

Precious Daily Drool friends,  I can't begin to thank you for the outpouring of love shown to me and my family. You are truly making a difference in the life of my family. I have been so blessed...it makes me cry all over again.

We are staying in a cabin owned by some friends, however because this ordeal has negatively affected my husbands newly diagnosed Alzheimers I have furiously been trying to get us located in town, to a place where we can stay until we rebuild.

 So, so far - I have found a house, bought a Basset transporting car (along with the bank), bought beds and bedding, purchased a washer and dryer, and today bought a couch and 3 chairs and a few household items, and clothed us all. Much of this has been accomplished through your generosity!

Once we are moved into the rental and semi-settled I will begin facing the reclamination of our burned out property.  I am taking 1 more week off work to finish as much as possible. I still need to get my eyes tested, the lense had fallen out of my "good" glasses and I had lost the screw, so the morning of the fire I wore my old Rx....can't see with a hoot.

I miss my Bassets more than anything! They had been my comfort for the past year during a terrible time of family turmoil. Jackie, I sleep with the Beanie Bassets and kiss them good night, funny how that helps.

Keep the funny stories coming. I am slowly starting thank you notes...but that is so insufficient.

Snooters to all...we are praying for the Pauls.
Maggie Honnold
Hollyberry ATB
Noah ATB