[Dailydrool] Pets lowering blood pressure?

Pam McQuade dpmcquade at verizon.net
Mon May 10 13:58:25 PDT 2010

I relate to Shannon on this issue. I have four pets, and without medication,
my pressure would still be a tad high. Maybe that's because Jane has trained
Duncan the c at t to knock the treat jar down on the floor, where bassets can
share it. Or it's because vet bills are outrageous right now. Or it's
because I can't make a meal without having a hound try to get in the
kitchen, to share it. Making meals that have to be kept from hounds is not
something that lowers the old BP.

Then there's the moment when you lie on the bed, petting a soft, warm hound
who is leaning against you. Ah, relaxation. But you know that in a few hours
that hound will have you off the bed, and you will be sleeping on the couch.
Ah, lack of relaxation!

I still haven't figured out what Jane offered the c at t to get him to be in
cahoots with her. Maybe she promised not to chase him as often?

As blood-pressure lowerers, I don't think my animals work. I love them, yes,
but I don't count on them to help me in that area. I don't care what the
statistics say.

Maybe those dull, obedient dogs most people want lower BP, but bassets
should come with a warning sticker: Does not lower blood pressure, vet
bills, or anything else except your checkbook. Still, I wouldn't have any
other breed. Bassets are wonderful in so many ways.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets