[Dailydrool] Jacques update

The Winstanley Clan leon.debbie at winstanleyclan.us
Mon May 10 14:17:41 PDT 2010

Hello Droolers!

Leon here. Just got home from work and called the vet. Long story short
is Jacques ate some stuff he was not supposed to. Leaves, twigs and
other good stuff became lodged in his throat. He could not swallow,
cough or anything. Dr Tom sedated him, removed the blockage and pumped
out his stomach. That was described as the same stuff you'd find in your p
trap, under your sink, in the drain pipe.

Most of the info we learned late Saturday, but we did not want to
mention too much until we were sure of things. He's out of the woods,
but a long recovery coming. Dr Tom said Jacques has been put through the
wringer; poked, prodded, IV tubes...the works. He will need a lot of
rest.

We pick him up at 6:15 tonight. He goes on a bland diet, antibiotics and
mucho TLC! Blood in his stool came from bleeding in the throat...poor
guy! We are fortunate to have everything come out so well. Thanks for
the thoughts and prayers. We can't wait to get him home. We miss our
Alpha Basset...smallest Basset in the litter and the boss of our Clan too. Humphrey, his litter mate, lays in Jacques' bed, waiting.

Once again, healing drool from the best-est people and their hounds has performed a fine Basset healing. Many thanks to all the emails we have received for Jacques. And a special thanks to the moderators and for putting up with me.

Droolers are the best!!! We will post again soon with another Jacques update. Drool to all in need.

Leon

Leon & Debbie Winstanley
Slaves to Jacques-amo-Bear, Humphrey the Tank, and Precious da Bean,
Cover Hounds for the 2007 Daily Drool Basset A Day Calendar!
Kitties: Tigger (the wanna-be), Treasure, and Biko.
ATB: Taz, Suzie, Gizmo (Golden Lab),& Kitties ATB: Sylvester,
Hafenhaf, Truffle, Elsa & Sniglet
www.winstanleyclan.us
www.dalcottw.com