[Dailydrool] big vs baby carrots

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Tue May 11 03:24:11 PDT 2010

While true, "baby cut carrots" are dipped in a chlorine solution ... the
"whitish-ness" you see is not chlorine.... take special notice of the last
sentence in this blurb I've copied below.. and in the rest of the article
... key concepts ... many of us have chlorinated water coming from our
taps.. and we're not dead.  Many of us give drinking water from that same
tap to , and our houndies aren't dead.    Can houndies be sensitive to
chlorine? sure... just like humans can be..

"Baby Carrots"

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/260034

What about the white covering? Is that really the chlorine that resurfaces?
No. It is simply the carrot drying out. Try it out for yourself. Take a
fresh, normal carrot and cut it in half. Wait. The same white covering
(which is officially called white blush) will appear on the cut. Baby
carrots will show a lot more white blush for a very simple reason: their
skin has been removed and therefore, the entire carrot dries out.

-Robert

  _____

Subject: [Dailydrool] big vs baby carrots

Arrooo! Momslave not feed us baby carrots. She tell me they not good. She
read in a magazine that baby carrots are preserved with something that is a
form of diluted bleach. Ever notice how sometimes the baby carrots are
whiteish? That is the bleach coming to the surface.