[Dailydrool] Update on Holly Noelle

Susan Green Suzyvette at satx.rr.com
Tue May 11 09:09:42 PDT 2010

It's been 4 days since we were at the Vet's office and I couldn't be more pleased.  She takes all her pills without a problem and has let me scrub the areas and apply the oinment 3 times a day.  She licked her foot once and I told her she was a bad girl.  She obviously does not like that word and hasn't touched her foot since.  She hasn't scratched any of the problem spots, actually haven't seen her do any scratching at all except for the normal 2 second scratch that they all do.

She has just been so good about all of this.  The only way I can get to her foot is when she's standing and she lets me treat it while she's eating.  I have been giving her chicken & rice or steak & rice with her kibble for every meal b/c I need to keep food in her tummy b/c of all the meds she is taking.  I tried just plain kibble for breakfast the other day and she looked at me like I was crazy.  So I grilled a chicken breast and cooked some rice....and all was fine in her world :)

Most of you know that it would have been a completely different story if it had been Pw Gina Marie ATB.  I would have lost fingers the first time I tried to scrub any of the areas.  And if I'd ever tried to do it while she was eating I would have lost whatever body part she could reach...LOL   We would be making trips to the Vet 3 times a day to get the areas treated.

The only thing that Holly is not crazy about is putting ointment in her eyes when they look really dry.  So I cut off 2 of my fingernails, 1 on each hand, so I can put the ointment on my finger and then put it in her eye.   The things we do, without a second thought, for our Houndies.

I'm hoping that whatever it was that started this is gone and she doesn't react the same next spring.  But I will always have the Benadryl handy just in case.

Thanks to everyone who has asked about her and sent drool. I really thinks she's going to be just fine.

Suz
Holly Noelle - still sleepy, but not itchy