[Dailydrool] my fitness trainer, gus

Sfwill at aol.com Sfwill at aol.com
Tue May 11 15:50:54 PDT 2010

our gotcha day was last October 1.  being the newbie at this dog  stuff, i
didn't know a thing, but knew that i had to walk the dog.  so we  started
taking walks immediately, twice a day.  we stroll and sniff and  stop and
repeat.  but i had gone to the doctor the day  before our gotcha day for a
checkup and then went again 3 months later on  January 4 and much to my shock, i
had lost 11 pounds and that was over the  holiday season!  so with that
push-off, i figured, what would happen if i  made more of an effort than walking
twice a day?  so i cut the carbs and  eliminated the sugar.  well, long
story short, i have lost 41 pounds!   my total cholesterol is 145.  my blood
pressure has always been good and  stays at 110 over 70, and last month, at my
3 month check-up, i was taken off my  diabetes medication!  i have not
weighed in the 140's since i was a teen!
this, i know for a fact, is all because of my darling gus.  he not  only
gave me a reason to walk, he has given me a reason to live healthy, so that
we have a long life together. (his 4th birthday is friday)
(the downside is i have given every single piece of clothing i own to
friends and have had to get a whole new closet of clothes, but let's face it,
shopping is fun but  COSTLY.
meanwhile, there's a lot more room in the bed for gus, so he's happy!
i will always credit him with the wake-up call he gave me and will do
everything in my power to keep him as healthy as he can be. i love him with all
my heart.
susan, loving slave to gus