[Dailydrool] 3 Bears no more...

sgmoose at optonline.net sgmoose at optonline.net
Wed May 12 04:56:32 PDT 2010

It is with great sadness that I have to post that my old curmudgeon Moosie Bear left for the Bridge this morning leaving Pw. Xandy Bear and Huggie Bear, wee Gracie Allen, Clyde Kadiddlehoper and his heartbroken slaves.  Moosie Bear was 12 years old we think.  We adopted him 6  years ago at the Boardwaddle having only seen a picture of him.  Big guy, 65 pounds, a classic tri with a black saddle and a gorgeous classic hound head with long ears and a handsome Roman nose.  He'd been picked up as a stray.  He did come with baggage.  Before Moosie I didn't know that bassets would bite but we quickly found out that under certain circumstances he would bite.  We worked with trainers and as we got to know him better we learned his triggers and learned to manage them.  Moosie was much loved by Glenn and me and he loved big in return.  He was a big solid boy who loved his pets and hugs and loved nothing more than to sit by one of us and be brushed.  As the years went by we watched him change from a handsome boy with a lovely mahogany muzzle and ears to an even more handsome gray ghost.  Recently we had seen more changes in him, he was quieter and slept more but he still loved his bowl and his walks around the yard.  He went peacefully in his favorite bed this morning.   He joins my original hound Alexandria Mae and Xandy Too, freed from his demons, young and healthy, chasing groundhogs at the Bridge.  Goodbye my sweet old man.