[Dailydrool] At the Vets

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Wed May 12 17:21:36 PDT 2010

I am inspired to write this post after reading Dawn of The West's post.
 Today, I had 7 hounds scheduled for routine pedicure and anal expression.  Pierre jr. had an additional issue, and he went on Monday, or otherwise, it would have been 8 for today.  Jean Paul and Pumpkin were the first "victims", and they were anxious in the waiting room, not hysterical like Jellybean, just "rather not be here" anxious.  After 1/2 hour, one of the receptionists apologized to me and said "just another bit of time, they are backed up", but since I have been there, done this before, I concluded that there was  either a catastrophic event or shortage of help, and I opted out, and rescheduled for the next week.  Not a big deal.  I had ordered a bottle of ear cleaner that I needed to pay for, and I said I would come back and pay later as hounds really wanted to leave.  When I went back to pay for the ear cleaner, I brought a dozen donuts and 1/2 dozen muffins.
Just as Dawn of the West said, sometimes the Vets and staff need to be appreciated more than just paying the bill, especially on a tough day.

Hugs, love and healing drool
Jackie and the herd