[Dailydrool] Eli's new friend

Jennifer Beezley jbeezley at cableone.net
Fri May 14 07:10:47 PDT 2010

Early this morning, I heard Eli and Hannah in the kitchen.  One of them was
up on the counter but then got down in "stealth mode" (anyone with counter
cruisers knows what I am talking about)  I then heard a lot of dancing
around and a soft woofle from Hannah.  I went out to investigate and they
were both poking snouts around the dishwasher.  I thought "finally, they are
chasing the mouse"!  I moved the food container and Eli got into the corner
and grabbed something.  He dropped a BABY POSSUM at my feet.  Fortunately,
it was stunned and slimy and didn't move too quickly.  I grabbed the hounds
and starting yelling for my husband.  He managed to corner it with dog bowls
and I got the hounds outside and closed up the dog door.  After much debate
on how to proceed, Paul gloved up and used our bbq tongs to scoop up the
possum and put it in a paper bag.  Fortunately, again, the possum played
dead and did not tear its way out of the bag.  He (the possum, not Paul) was
humanely deposited in the bramble across the street.  I am sure I will find
his way back to us again.

Just another day in a hound house.

Jennifer
Jacksonville, AL

Abby, Eli and Hannah (Lucy and Eyson ATB)