[Dailydrool] Form 990

Roland, Duke of Ears handsomehounds at yahoo.com
Sun May 16 19:33:31 PDT 2010

As the Secretary-Treasurer of Oregon Basett Hound Rescue, Inc., a 501(c) non-profit corporation, I'm really frustrated with the IRS and their ###%# form 990.  I knew that the postcard form was required for our last fiscal year.  I filed it online in December 2009.  Last month I got a letter from the IRS saying I had NOT filed the form.  I did get a receipt for the original filing, which I kept.

I went out to the IRS website.  After a faulty start because I could not remember my password, I was able to get it emailed to me.  Then, I went online again to find that the site said that I had already filed and could not do so again.  GRRRR!

I notice that the website said you could ask for an extension. I hope that not too many basset rescues don't get the form in.

Janice

Janice Henry Colvin