[Dailydrool] Dottie's discovery

Mary Mischelle Kemp mmischellekemp at hotmail.com
Mon May 17 12:39:12 PDT 2010

Barbie, Dottie's discovery of boy dog parts reminded me of a similar incident I had with my first basset, Flint. My friend had a basset, Berkley, that was several years younger then Flint. We got together quite often and let the two hounds play together. Being older than Berkley, Flint would decide he was done playing sooner than Berkley was ready. Flint was an intact male so when he didn't respond to Berk's attempts to get him to play, Berk would go to the the tried and true method of nipping Flint's family jewels. Flint, of course, went roaring after Berk when this happened.

One day Flint decided that Berk need a taste of his own medicine, only to discover that Berk didn't have any jewels. Flint went to nip Berk and when there was nothing there he suddenly pulled his back, then he cocked his head to the side and looked again. You could see the shock on his face. Then he looked at me, then looked between Berk's legs, then looked back at me. Mom! Berk lost his jewels! LOL, the look on his face was priceless. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Mary Mischelle, Pw. Tasselhoff Burfoot and Francis' Lil Fizban