[Dailydrool] Our Basset Jenny

Joanna Schofer joannaschofer at shaw.ca
Mon May 17 16:20:15 PDT 2010

I haven't posted much in recent years, but some of you may remember my girl
Jenny.  Jenny was a rescue from Alberta, and we adopted her when she was 5
and a half.  She has had a great life living with various other rescued dogs
and her human child Jackson.  Today we sent her to The Bridge.  She had just
turned 14 and had been suffering from Colitis for a year or so.  She had
many accidents but I was determined not to let them influence any decisions.
Last night she was acting a bit odd and this morning she could barely walk
or stand.  When she refused to eat I knew the time had come.  The vet thinks
she likely had one or several strokes.  She will be sadly missed by her 3
humans and 2 canine friends.
Run free Jenny
Lots of love,
Joanna