[Dailydrool] Best Family Breeds

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Mon May 17 17:19:33 PDT 2010

When I bring Fred to the dog park, people are constantly amazed at how he runs around like a lunatic, chasing all of the big dogs (and when they hear that he'll be 7 in July, they ar eeven more amazed.)  I guess they assume that he should just find a tree somewhere and lie under it!  Neither of my dogs are what I would call "couch potatoes."  True, when we are in the house, Annie is in her seat on the couch 99% of the time.  However, I think that is more because she feels safest there.  She would much rather wander the neighborhood 24/7 than lie on the couch.  Fred can't even lie still when I'm petting him...he's constantly shifting, looking at me, rearranging himself, fidgeting.  He is in constant motion.  That article was ridiculous and actually made me angry...a basset is more like a piece of furniture???  Please!

Rose, Annie (I just stay on the couch so that no one can take my spot) and Fred (a piece of furniture, my behind!!)