[Dailydrool] 10 Best Family dogs

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Tue May 18 15:05:35 PDT 2010

Oh my Droolers are not starting the week off on a very good note. We are so
sorry to hear of Dodger Blue's, Molly's, Cori Vette, Grace, & Jenny making
their journey to the bridge. To all their families take heart in the fact
that they are  no longer sick and are young, & healthy once again and
running with all of thier buddies that preceded.  They will
live forever in the magic of your memories.

Happy Gotcha day to the drool slinging machine Twinkletoes...I would have
loved to have seen the priest dripping in drool...hehehehe

I agree with Pam about the 10 Best Family Dogs...Man they really didn't know
what they were talking about with the bassets.  I cringed when I read this.
My boys are just a few months shy of being 3 yrs old. And they still have a
lot of energy.And even my Senior hounds had burst of energy in-between naps.
When people ask me about them I tell them all of the (what non-basset people
consider) negative traits of the bassets; shedding, stubborn/bassetude,
difficult to potty train and hard to train in general unless it is something
that they want to do and when they want to do it or for something really
tasty, the hound dog smell, etc. But I find with a lot of people that they
say "oooohhhh they are so cute
I can deal with all of that"...until they get one and the basset gives them
a reality check. Kind of like women wanting to date the "heroes" (fireman,
police officer, Special Forces Guys etc) They are cool to date, a girl now
has bragging rights. But it sucks when you fall in love with them...reality
sets in and you realize how dangerous their jobs are, and how much they are
away from home, and now how much you worry about them.  Yep those reality
checks with basset & hero's are a bitch. Anyway. Armed Forces day was the
15th and Memorial Day is the 31st, so lift up your wine glasses (or other
favorite beverage) in salute of all of America's Hero's...Here's to the
Firefighters, EMS, Police, &
Soldiers who keep us all safe...and to the bassets and slaves of bassets
that love them. A drink and a hearty AAAAAHHHHRRROOOO!!!!

Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt &Ruger  "our daddy is one of them hero types"
"We'll welcome them all with open paws" Droopy, Snoopy, BoSarah, Princess,
Shadow, Comanche, Storm & Wolfgang...My ATB Pack