[Dailydrool] Queen Pawtunia woofs about her weekend and THANK YOU!

bassetslave bassetslave at comcast.net
Wed May 19 09:30:05 PDT 2010

It is me. Pawtunia. Queen Pawtunia. Yay!! Chunky is now King Chunky.

It was a big weekend. Rusty and I rode a nickzillion miles. We spent a night
in Ohio got to Mishgun on Thursday and were petted by the nice people of the
Howliday Inn. Momcakes had told me about the hotel. She was right, it felt
like home. I toured all the places Auntie feyfey had puddled, including the
mythical Lake FeyFey that did not happen, right over there.....

On Friday, Rusty and I went to Ann Arbor. The he slave graduated from the
University of Michigan many years ago. We did not find Ann. We did not see
an Arbor. We did have a nice walkie and get lots of pets. Rusty tried to
make friends with a squirrel, but the squirrel went up a tree. Rusty spent a
long time begging for the squirrel to come back and play. Not.

Then we went back. I saw lots of my Auntie's and Uncles and friends!! Lucy
and Samson came with Auntie's Pat and Carol. Aunties Marilyn and Angelika
came with Elvis and my Chunkypuppy and I met Olivia! Auntie Kathy was there,
but no houndies. Auntie Linda came from Florida. So did Auntie Wendie. Mom
told me they were nice, they both came and petted me. (Thanks for the bbq
squirrels Auntie Linda. It wasn't Rusty's friend...these were cookies.)  I
sniffed Sherlock and so many houndies. Auntie Bonnie petted me and I saw
Gramma Jo. Wendell came with me. Elwood's pawson was there but no Elwood.
She had Pam with her...who gave good belly rubs. I saw King Nick's person
and met the whole pack! The puppers were very cute and for rent. Auntie Pat
rented Stachie for a reeeeal long time. The nice people of Mishgun basset
rescue dedicated their waddle to Queen Olive and gave Marilynslave a
bootiful clanimalzoo statue of Queen Olive. My slave was sniffling and
Auntie A handed her a towel.

Turns out she handed slave a towel cause Auntie A was gonna really make she
slave cry. My nice Aunties pulled out a statue of momcakes that is so
pawfect that it looks like she's staring at you.  The three pupcakes are
there, including me! Momcake's hats and a car from when she was grand
marshall and a bowl of cookies and some moolah......even her little pink
light around her neck. SOB. She slave keeps staring at it. He slave is
amazed. Apparently a whole lotta my Aunties and Uncles chipped in and Judy
outdid herself. Thank you, thank you. Momcakes was very special and to get
it in the hotel where Auntie feyfey was made it even more special.

Then it became my night. My he slave did the pawctioning...and it costed a
whole lot to make Chunky King and me Queen. One thin lady was very
determined for it not to be us, but she caught on and us got the jobs!!
Thank you everybody who bought my stuffs and Chunky's magnuts and fudge or
who just plain sent money. Between us it was $5,700!!  Thank you, thank you
to all the nice Auntie's who helped us. We then were crowned, and I wore
Auntie feyfey's tiara for the occasion!

Picnic Saturday was my birthday! DJ Tracy wished me a happy birthday and
Aunt Melissa and Uncle Charlie a happy 35th anniversary. They danced. I
didn't. I had a good time with Rusty, King Chunky and a lot of my friends.
We had pawticures. Auntie's Barbsoda and Neal came and I sniffed their pack.
Buddy in his basset ears showed Samson how to work the crowd, which made
Auntie Carol very scared. I won closest to the ground. Got lots of pets and
treats. Rusty stole a hamburger from Hanni.....who is very lucky she lived
to tell about taking it back. (How could she?) She slave was busy selling
stuff but had time to buy raffle tickets from Aunt Bonnie and lots of treats
for me. That night I got major white box cause the humans went to La Marza,
the under new ownership LeShish!

I woke up ready to be Queen! My Queen outfit is waaaaay too big and I look
like a mummer. I put it on, but couldn't walk. Fortunately, the last item
pawctioned was a boootiful gown and vest made by John Falk's sister. The
dress fits like it was made for me. So I posed for pictures in the Queen
robe, but wore the dress for pawrade date.  I also wore Momcake's tiara from
when she was BoardWaddle Grand Marshall with our breederslaves in 2001.

(If you aren't from Philadelphia go here:
http://www.phillymummers.com/fancies.htm)

The ride in the carriage was wonderful. Margaret got us to the staging
place. I posed and people cheered for me and Chunky! Big thanks to Camile
the horse for the ride. She slave went and got Camile apples. Auntie
Moosebarb and Dudley's people gave me last minute pointers on riding cause
they had done it.  A nickzillion people took my picture and Chunky's.  I
tried to do a good job and swished my bustle all day. Then I got to hang out
and greet my friends. Copper took a nap. Chilliepepper returned the favor of
Rusty stealing the hamburger by boosting the big cookie my she slave had
just taken out of the goodie bag from turning in pledges! Chillie who looks
just like her MsBrandyMom but isn't grumpy just hoovered in and lifted the
giant cookie! Unlike Rusty, Chillie got to keep her prize. She was just too
cute. Chunky had his pawsonal attendant, Johnny take a nap with him and
Wendell.  There was nuff moolah left for Rusty and me to be third in
pledges. The Basset houndz were first and John Falk second. Which reminds
me....now that I am Queen. John is from Mishgun. He was da only one from
Mishgun who seemed to be working to fetch pledges. He's had a bad year and
still moved heaven and earth. Mishganders!! Go help your basset hounds!

It was all over too soon! I watched an amazing stuffing of Auntie A's
van.....and had to say good-bye to my son, King Chunky. Will hope to see you
at Slobberfest in July!

Thank you, thank you to all the nice Aunties who helped me be Queen and
Chunky to be King. Specially Auntie Bonnie for making da website. My humans
were really worried that I'd be my goofy self on Waddle Day. Gotta tell ya,
I felt the presence of Auntie feyfey, Momcakes, Uncles Chili and Nudgie and
Aunt Taco Bell every inch of the way and did my best to paw up to the task.
The slaves say they were proud of me. I tried. Sure wish Momcakes was really
there to see me.

Thanks much.
QUEEN PAWTUNIA (QPt)