[Dailydrool] I'm back w/ new crew.

Wild Moon wildmoonfarm at gmail.com
Wed May 19 14:47:15 PDT 2010

Hi everyone, you may not remember me. I live in Central Indiana again. I had
the basset hound Henaree Bonzai, he left for the bridge a couple years ago
in his sleep. It was sad and heart breaking, but I had another basset at the
time I was blessed with an amazing girl named Margie Twinkle who helped me
through it. She stole my heart and wrapped it around her finger. She was
with me until last October. She bloated and an emergency vet couldn't save
her after much monies. It was one of the most heart breaking things I've
endured. She passed peacefully in my arms but I spent many sleepless nights
after. I couldn't gather the strength to talk about it or get another
basset. I was and still am sharing my life with a small chihuahua
named Frank and a dachshund named Hagen. Life went on for a good bit and we
traveled around some. Sunday night I got a call from my Mom. There was a
floppy earred suprise in her living room could I possibly come look? I had
been secertly trolling the rescue sites thinking off and on about finally
getting another but I hadn't gotten the courage up yet. I went. A basset
mix, mostly a basset greeted me. I felt a bit disappointed I wanted a pure
basset..but I agreed to take her home. If I didn't I was told she was going
for the needle the next day, due to a divorce and move and mom had taken her
to save her from that fate...was I interested? Yah ok whatever I took her
home. She is mostly a basset...with no name currently. The name they said
she had she won't even respond to, or even to look up when its said. She is
heart broken from losing her home and cries all the time. I'm doing my best
to comfort her but I'm not sure I'm that good at it. We're all still heart
broken ourselves for other reasons. She looks like a basset in all aspects,
acts like a basset in all aspects, sept she has a wide head and not a nobby
noggin. Dispite that, the pack somehow is feeling a bit complete
again...maybe. I rejoined the drool. It had been too painful without my girl
to read. Maybe starting to heal a little with the almost a basset behind me.
I'm thinking of naming her Mab, after queen mab, queen of the
fairies...except her name would mean "Mostly A Basset" Maybe I'm just mean.
Still looking for a name that fits. Anyhow, we're back for now.
Zebby, Meow, Frank, Hagen & the Mostly A Basset.