[Dailydrool] Petfinder Challenge/Basset Rescue Domination

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at att.net
Thu May 20 06:40:26 PDT 2010

I did draw rescue names this A.M. out of a kitchen bowl with my 5 bassets to keep me honest.
One of the rescues may not be signed up with Petfinder (can't find the name there) so I am trying
to verify, as it may change the dates for the rest (They were #2).

However, the first week, starting May 31st, is WESTERN MISSOURI BASSET RESCUE, INC.
and the state is MO.  This kind of started because Chris Bly emailed me wondering how a small
rescue at the end of the alphabet with a state abbreviation no one could figure out could ever win.
The drawing wasn't stacked, but I was glad to see that name come up first.

So. Go to http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3   and practice
voting. Make sure you know how and are ready for Sunday. One vote per day, but from any and
all computers you have access to. Email friends and family. (I had friends with no animals who
don't like animals voting for UFBH and we won $1000.00.)

Click to donate a bowl of food. Then on the right side, scroll down to the tab that says SHELTER
CHALLENGE.  After you click on that, you can put in WESTERN MISSOURI BASSET RESCUE
and the state MO and you should be able to vote. You have to confirm your vote by identifying an
animal. ( I had a little problem with a frog that looked like a snake once, and actually had to log
out and in again to get another option.) After you vote, the same rescue will come up tomorrow and you don't have to put it in again until next Monday, when we change to the next rescue.

Then, figure out the best way for you to remember every day. Post it note on your computer? Note
on your coffee maker? Note on your bathroom mirror? You can also have Shelter Challenge email
you every day and remind you.

And don't get so distracted by the stuff to buy, games, and stories that you forget to vote. This is
a fun website and it is great they give money away. And this time it will be BASSET MONEY!!

Marilyn Briggs