[Dailydrool] Shelter Challenge/Basset Rescue Domination

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at att.net
Thu May 20 16:11:36 PDT 2010

One of the groups unfortunately was not registered with Petfinder and couldn't participate this time,
so had to regroup just a bit. Here are the rescues to vote for and their weeks:
Week #1    Western Missouri Basset Rescue Inc. State MO    May 31st to June 6th
Week #2    Basset Buddies of Texas  State TX             June 7th to June 13th
Week #3    Basset Rescue of Florida, Inc. State FL      June 14th to June 20th
Week #4    Golden Gate Basset Rescue   State CA       June 21st to June 27th
Week #5    Utah Friends of Basset Hounds  State UT   June 28th to July 4th
Week #6    Senior Houndsabound  State FL                  July 5th to July 11th
This is mainly for the rescue's information. We will be posting on the DD the "Rescue of
the Week".
If we get after it, this could mean a total of $6000.00 ($1000 each) for basset rescue. Email
your friends, your relatives-tell your kids to tell all their friends. Kids love animals and have
lots of friends with computers.  Do a cute email with a picture of YOUR basset and say
something like "Won't you help my friends get a forever home like mine?"
You get the idea.
Any great marketing ideas, please share.
It is a really tough time for rescues (not only basset) and you cannot imagine what this kind
of money all at once can mean to a rescue, particulary a smaller one.
Thanks, everybody. Let's do this!

Marilyn Briggs