[Dailydrool] Rupert's Gotcha Day

kacy green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Fri May 21 12:36:24 PDT 2010

Can't believe it has been 2 years since this red man entered our home. As
most know, Rupert was found as a stray, only 29 pounds. He was pulled from
the shelter, rehabbed by some loving souls who do their own part time rescue
as they can, and then adopted out to us. He now tops the scales around 68
pounds but still has a waist. Amazing that at 2+ years old he ever survived
at only 29 pounds!

Rupert is my velcro, lovebug, snuggler, bedhog, barker, red man. He is
devoted to me and a great playmate for his brother Cowboy. He waits for me
at the door when I'm coming in from work and he tries to run out with me
every morning when I leave. It's heart breaking but oh so cute! He demands
that I sit down upon return so he can sprawl across my lap. We always tell
him that he weighs me down b/c it is so hard to get up and get stuff done
when you have a sweet snuggly hound on your lap who only wants to be loved.

In celebration of Ruperts gotcha day, and what we celebrate as his birthday,
we are going to dog beach in Coronado with a picnic. Although we live in San
Diego, we have never taken Rupert to the beach, so we are very excited and
hope he enjoys his bday outing.

Treats and hugs for all the hounds,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert

Cowboy: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/531112