[Dailydrool] Basset Blanket of Love

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Fri May 21 13:30:25 PDT 2010

We are so glad to hear that Bob is doing better .  We hope that Bob continues to improve with each passing day and that you are back to running your castle with an iron paw soon.

We are so glad that you found Morse!!! Oh my doG how absolutely terrifying that ½- 1 hour must have been. I know I was a basket case when one on my hounds would get out of the fence.usually digging out or one of them squeezing through the gate somehow.

This is Colt woofing in.Last night the momma came home from work and said that she was dog tired.she looked like it to, she also looked as if she had been working in a slaughter house all day. (momma works in a combat injury simulator, kind of like a flight simulator but this one trains military medics in treating combat trauma at the point of injury, they also teach non-medics self aid and buddy care for combat sustained injuries)  Anyhooo. After she got home, yapped at dad on the compawter video chat, feed Ruger & I she said that she had to go to a meeting, one to keep our neighborhood safe.  We were bummed!!! Mom just got home and now she's leaving? What the doG??? By the time she got home she looked like old dog pooh.  She collapsed on the couch, and told Ruger and I that she was sooo very glad to see us.  So Ruger & I gave her a bassie blankie of love.  I sat on one side of her and leaned in and put my head on her chest to snuggle her, Ruger was on the other side of her and laid across her lap.  Momma hugged me and stroked Ruger's head and neck.  I could tell from her heart beat that we were relaxing her and chasing all the stress of the day away from her.   Don't tell anyone about our soft sides.We don't want to ruin our Bad A** Basset reputations!!!  ROFLMAO.   Also Ruger said that we are going to proclaim Sunday as Love Thy Human Day for all the hounds out there in Drool-land to celebrate our humans and all that they do for us. (espically keeping us living in the lap of luxury)  So in observance of Love Thy Human Day all hounds need to behave themselves, no OEBE antics, (It's just for one day) and all hounds should show their love for their humans by snuggles, and giving lots of big wet sluppie kisses.  Also if you can find something dead, or kill something you should take it to your human as a gift.  What Ruger? Humans don't like us to kill anything.What the doG? We are hunting dogs.okay, okay, don't kill anything.but if it is already dead it is fair game.I mean gift!

Virtual hugs and belly rubs to all the hounds from the momma
Virtual big sloppy kisses to all the slaves from us - the soft & cuddly love blankies
Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers.
Colt "I can't believe we're not supposed to kill anything"

Ruger "I'm still killing that tormenting squirrel when I catch him"

Colt:  http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1134867
Ruger:    http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1134878