[Dailydrool] what's goin on?

jasperlabs at frontiernet.net jasperlabs at frontiernet.net
Fri May 21 17:20:59 PDT 2010

Okay, here's what happened..last sunday elvis and stella got into it over some food...elvis is quite food aggressive and i always tie him to the back doorknob at feeding time.  this was my bad...i let him free before Stella was done eating and they got into a knock down drag out fight.  Elvis came out the loser..he was whining and i checked him over...had a rip in his ear....off to the vet the next morning....stitches in his ear and clavomox for eight days....Now here's the problem....he's whining ALOT.......he has a spot on his chest that is kind of gooey so I washed it off, put peroxide on it...can't see any puncture wounds..and he's drooling alot...I called my vet and she said "he's on antibiotics so if he has a puncture, he'll be fine" grrrr...I wanted to bring him in so they could take a look but apparently "he'll be fine"...He's just not himself at all.  (Also he is blind but that doesn't bother him at all..but now I wonder). I've checked him all over and can't find anything abnormal except for the spot on his chest.  I've washed it and put peroxide on it, but it's still there.  I don't know if he's drooling excessively and it's running down the front of him...or what the heck is going on.  Anyway I thought I'd ask you guys cause I'm feeling like a bad mom...he's not usually a whiner and he is so pathetic :(.  Do you think it could be a reaction to the antibiotic?  He's never been on one before.  He's making me sad....I just want to help him but I don't know what's wrong.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Jeanie (who may be looking for a new vet)
Elvis (owww)
Daisy (huh...what's goin on?)
Stella (I didn't mean to hurt him...sorry)