[Dailydrool] No drool needed but have a medical question

Karen sparks_red at yahoo.com
Fri May 21 18:04:49 PDT 2010

Sadie Maye had Momma a bit upset and worried.  The tissue surrounding her
right eye are swollen and bulging. Of course my first thoughts were Uveitis and
glaucoma.  Her eye is watering but the drainage is clear.
Her eye is fine as Doc checked it out thoroughly.  All her pressures are normal.
No foreign object were found.  (Did I say I detest foxtail season?)
After the usual questions that were all no,  Doc says,
"This is a mystery."  So maybe allergies that just suddenly caused it?  Neither
of us have ever seen allergies be that bad and just one eye.

Of course with all the swelling her vision must be off because my happy go
lucky girl that loves everyone was tail tucked at the vet and jumping at nothing.
Sadie Maye does have allergies especially at this time of year.

So after a steroid injection,  prednisone tabs and antibiotics for the eye  she is
home.  (Oh we also had to stop for the post vet burger for her.)  If she is worse
in the morning we go back.

Has anyone seen this before?  There was no trauma that I know of unless it could
have been during play but she never cried out.    When you look at her the whole orbital
area is much bigger than the left eye.  Any ideas?

We are sending drool and our prayers to all those in need.
Karen and The Dog House Gang