[Dailydrool] My Loving Lilie Is Back

Lilie Basset Liliebasset at comcast.net
Mon May 24 07:16:58 PDT 2010

For the past 18 months or so, Lilie has gotten progressively more
territorial, aggressive and just plain obnoxious.  For 6 years she was the
sweetest and most loving of dogs, then Daffodil came and she changed.  I
thought it was because of Daffy but it continued even after they became
friends.

Recently the aggression became overwhelming.  If she was thwarted just a
little bit, the bared teeth and snarling would begin.  This was one angry
dog.

I asked the vet to put her on Prozac and within three weeks, I have my old
Lilie back.  She's cuddly, loving and non-territorial.  She hasn't bared her
teeth or snarled in well over a week, and made a simple little noise of
annoyance when I began to pull out her underfluffies (a secret joy of mine
and something that she finds a bit bothersome).  3 weeks ago she would have
been lashing out in fury.

So...thanks to the wonders of modern pharmaceuticals, my household is much
more relaxed!  By the way, she weighs about 48 lbs. and is taking 20 mg. a
day.  She's also very happy with the piece of cheese that they are all
getting each morning...and doesn't seem to know that hers contains a pill.
I'm happy because it's only $4.00 a month from the people pharmacy (generic,
of course).

Katie, Lilie, Daffodil and Daisy the Yorkie.