[Dailydrool] Basset ear question

Suzanne Dempsey csdempsey at charter.net
Mon May 24 17:53:17 PDT 2010

Our boy, Beau, has pockets of fluid that just "popped" up on each of his ears. One of the pockets is about 1 1/2 inches long and 1/2 inch wide. The pocket on the other ear is smaller. At first I thought the first ear I discovered could have been a bee sting so I gave hime some Benadryl, but that didn't help. We have an appt to see our vet on Thursday. One of my husband's coworkers said he had a cocker spaniel that developed the same thing one time and they shaved the ear and drained it. Has anyone else had this happen to them?