[Dailydrool] For Gus, who gets so hot --

Hinchliffe at aol.com Hinchliffe at aol.com
Mon May 24 19:12:29 PDT 2010

Poor Gus!  Our sensitive basset babies need to be coddled ...

Here's my suggestion to make him more comfy in the hot summer.  It's a
Canine Cooler bed.  Blueberry adored it.  It's basically a firm,  thick rubber
padded outside that you fill with water, and it just  draws the heat out of
the dog's body, while being comfortable.  You  know how they like to lie on
cool tiles -- but after a while the tiles will  heat up.  But this bed stays
cool.  It comes with a good guarantee,  too.

Here's a link:

_Click here: Canine  Cooler® Medium Cool Dog Bed (24"X36")_
(http://www.fancypaws.com/cancoolmed24.html)

You can also google it and find it at other stores to compare prices, but
this is the basic information.

I really think he'll love it.  BB got so hot, with that tongue  unrolling
like a window shade until it was practically on the ground, but once  she lay
that big old extra-fluffy butt on this, you could almost see the steam
rising, and she was cool and snoozing in no time.

(Plus, I always put a fan on the floor blowing right on her.)

Beth H.