[Dailydrool] Anti-shedding supplements?

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Tue May 25 08:49:06 PDT 2010

I was wondering if there are any supplements or vitamins that can be given to even slightly diminish shedding?  Annie sheds a TON!!  Fred sheds a lot, but his fur is darker, so it's not as noticeable, and his coat is not as thick.  I once had Annie groomed and the groomer told me that he'd never seen so much fur come off a bassett...great, not only do I have a breed that sheds a lot, but I may have the one dog who sheds more than any other in the entire breed ;)  I must admit that I don't brush her often (hardly at all), but when I do, I could sit there for hours and the fur would just keep coming.  When I do get her groomed, I do a deshedding bath, and it makes a difference for a few days, but that's it.

Rose, Annie (I shed a lot) and Fred (I'm still on a diet...)