[Dailydrool] Out of Africa Hounds Update

Karen bassett8 at gmail.com
Tue May 25 10:13:34 PDT 2010

The Out of Africa Hounds are nearly on their way to their new home
down on the coast of the Western Cape in South Africa.  We are been
collected by Pets en Transit on Thursday the 27th of May and heading
off for some well deserved pampering in their 6 star kennels, which
boast underfloor heating, cushions and pillows all over and couches
for those who prefer to be up there.  Momslave has been quizzed as to
which TV channel we prefer and has had to fill in lengthy forms about
our preferences,medications etc etc and has been to visit the kennels
just to make sure that they are up to our high standards and
apparently they are!  We will see when we get there, she has also met
the kennel manager Scott and he adores Basset Hounds, so she says we
will be in good hands.  We are having a 6 day stay in these kennels
while momslave and the sonslave drive the Basset mobiles down to the
coast for us.

We are being spared having to put up with the packers and movers on
Thursday and Friday and the 1200 km drive down to the coast, we get to
fly down with our handler and get delivered to momslaves doorstep all
brushed, polished and relaxed.  Heaven knows what state the momslave
will be in by then, she'll need us to look after her after loading and
unloading of furniture and all the things that come with a big move
down to the coast.  We are planning on enjoying our stay in these
luxury kennels and if momslave does not keep the high standards up
when we get home, she'll have to be taught to look after us properly.

Coco, with Piper and Whisky.

Momslave says that its a good thing they are going for some pampering
as its getting pretty fraught around here with deadlines approaching
and packing still ongoing.  Piper is doing well and coping with her
Lymphoma on the chemotherapy, the vet is of the opinion that she will
do even better in the clean air down at the coast as it will be so
much healthier for her.  We will be sad to say goodbye to some of our
friends up here in Johannesburg like Johnathan, William, Justin, Jade,
Jasmin and Lilly ATB but we are sure we will see them again, either
when we visit or they do.  Its a new start for the 4 of  us and I
think 3 Hectares with buck, rabbits, wild pigs and so on will keep
some Houndie noses busy for a while and unpacking will keep me busy
for weeks to come.

We all send drool to those in need and big houndie kisses too
We will be off grid for a few days until we get safely down to the
coast but in the meantime, we wish our Drool family well and you'll be
in our thoughts.
The real big day is the 29th, thats when the big drive starts, we will
keep you posted and let you know once we are all down there and safe.

Love and Drool
Karen with the Out of Africa Bassets