[Dailydrool] Gert and Stan

Bakken-Kleven, Jessica A JBAKKEN1 at Fairview.org
Tue May 25 16:52:09 PDT 2010

I just wanted to write and thank everyone so much for your beautiful, comforting words as Stan made his journey to the bridge.  I cannot tell you how much it has helped to have such comforting things written to me during this horrible, awful time.  Thank you so much to everyone for taking the time to do that, it was much appreciated and needed.

We are getting along.  Our little girls Gert and Phyllis are pretty depressed these days and it has been a struggle to get them to eat.  I'm not sure what to do to perk them up.  I still have Stan's bed out, I'm not sure how long I should do that.  Not sure how long to keep his things around.

Today is Gert's 8th Birthday!  Happy Birthday to her.  Unfortunately, I had to work tonight so my husband is taking her for a walk to get treats for her very special day.

Today also marks our "Stan Gotchya Day"...we would have had him for 8 years today.  :(  I have started to work on a scrapbook with all of his pictures, a book of his life with us.  Many of you sent poems and quotes to help the hurt not hurt so much and I am incorporating those into the book, where they fit.  Just looking for things to do, to help us work through this.  My husband and I do not have children so we totally treat our pets as our kids.  They are spoiled rotten and that is how we like it!  :)  Loosing Stan, it has been the worst, absolute worst thing I have ever had to go through.

Thank you again to everyone.
~ Jess (Momma to Gert and Phyllis (and Stan, ATB))