[Dailydrool] update on Elder Clara

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Tue May 25 18:00:11 PDT 2010

Momma here, we are home from the vet, Elder Clara has now had dinner and is on the perch.
Elder Clara went and seen Doc this afternoon--much to her displeasure-I had to drag her out the door and Hubby lifted her in the BUV.
Hubby decided to take off this afternoon to be with us, I think he was as worried as I was. Doc got the story of all that happened last night and agreed that it is Clara's heart, and then she tried to bloat. All of this happened so fast last night, but he said it appeared that for a short time the heart did not pump as it should, she started gasping and sucking in air, and only by the grace of the big DOg it all stopped and she went back to semi normal and then the Lasix took over. That is the short explanation--he and Clara had a stare down, and he said, Debbie, that one is not done yet--look at that attitude!!! I told him I did not want to take her back to the cardiologist, that at her age she needed her Doc that understands Clara and me. He agreed that taking care of her will not be a problem for him and he said he was glad of that decision, but her problems were that of a old dog, things wearing out, and they are doing bloodwork now to get a better handle on things. She is down to 48.5 pounds now, hard to believe she was once at 70 pounds--but she looks good. We will have the results of the blood work on Thursday, and then he will adjust her meds, he is worried about her kidneys.
So that is the long and short of it right now--I have had so many e-mails, and I have not taken time to answer any of them at this time, I have been with Clara, and of course there is that hound supporting job---but I will do my best, drool has kept Clara going, and please know how much each and everyone means to us. We thank you from the bottom of our basset lovin hearts.
We will keep you posted on the blood work--and oh yes, Elder Clara's reaction to being drug out of the house-----we got a mile away from home on the way there and she took a dump in the BUV and laid in it. She knows how to send a message. Myself---totally exhausted, and smelled oh so fine as I went into the vetspital-----

Drool to all in need---I have not even read the drool today-but we will catch up there too--

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake