[Dailydrool] Update from Washington

Patty Crawford gusandto at yahoo.com
Tue May 25 23:16:17 PDT 2010

Hi all
   Sorry it has taken so long for any of us to give this wonderful Drool family an update.
   First thank for everyone who donated,shipped boxes and said prayers for Alexa, JP and Basset Rescue of Puget Sound. I have been so touch by the out pouring of love and support. Over the next few weeks the human gang at the rescue will be working on thank you notes.
   We have been so busy since the fire getting things in place for intake of hounds that need homes arranging foster homes and also adopting out hounds that are in rescue. Alexa did everything herself and us volunteers only came in when we saw she need help or it was time for an event. I applaud all of the rescue coordinates for the time dedication it take to run a rescue. Its taking a whole bunch of people to do what Alexa just does.
   So from the rescue side we got GREAT people who step up to foster for us. Others offer to do home checks, plus others are set for transports if we need it. Supplies have started to be replenished and thing are coming together for when they get back in their house. All of us that help Alexa just want to see the hounds back at her house like it has been for 30 years. It has been so different, before the fire when a hound came into rescue they would just go to the house. Now we have to arrange foster homes and rely on them to give us their assessment of the hound. Since the fire we have had 4 hounds relinquished and have adopted out 7.
   For Alexa and JP they now have a rental house a few miles east of were their house is. They are not officially in the house yet do to them house sitting. They should be in the rental this coming weekend. On Sun. rain or shine here in WA we are having a work party to help get the yard in shape and a fence up, the house is only fenced on 2 sides. Then on Mon Joni and I are getting a U-haul to gather the rest of the donated furniture.
   Alexa and JP have insurance and the house will be rebuilt. It is going to take sometime because of the age of the house special permits are required to remove the gypsum plaster (asbestos) before the rebuild can happen.
   I feel one of the hardest things for Alexa to do is not bring the rescues to the rental. The rental company will only let her have a couple of her personal babies that means that 2 of her personal pups will have to stay with friends.
  That's my update for now. I'm tried HOW DID ALEXA DO IT ALL!!! and I have help. Thanks Joni, Sandy and Laurelinn.
Loving Drool

Patty Crawford
BRoPs

Gus http://www.dogster.com/dogs/742885