[Dailydrool] Cognitive Dysfunction?

Cathy Rice cathy.rice1 at att.net
Wed May 26 08:10:24 PDT 2010

My 12 year old Nate was diagnosed 1 1/2 years ago with Dementia which at one point they thought that he had a brain tumor. Similar behavior to what you are describing. He would get "lost" in the yard and I would have to go outside and lead him back in. Afetr many tests we did discover that he also has high blood pressure and did make some improvement with medication (Amlodipine). There is also another med that is given for dementia in humans that they are now using on dogs. I do not remember the name but I do know that it did not make any difference with Nate. The vet said it is about 50/50 that the drug will help. I would definitely get his blood pressure checked.

Cathy
Momslave to Nate, Dozer, Grace, foster Sunny and wannabe Leah