[Dailydrool] Cognitive dysfunction?

mtnbassets at hotmail.com mtnbassets at hotmail.com
Tue May 25 16:04:41 PDT 2010

It's HOT here so we have plenty of drool to spread around. Bud is particularly sending his to Elder Clara as the seniors need to stick together.

Also wondering if anyone has info on cognitive dysfunction or any sort of doggy dementia. Bud's been having some off times since the weekend and I'm not sure what is going on but suspect it may be some dementia. He will be 13 yrs young on 6/30.first signs were Sat nite/Sun but  yesterday he went in and out about 20 times (usually 2 or 3). He would bark at the door, go out and stand on the deck and whine, come in, bark, go halfway down the ramp, turn around....Last night he had me up 4 times by 0100 sitting in the kitchen and howling, barking in the hall, etc, very restless and like he couldn't figure out what to do. We go to the vet on Friday for blood work and a check up, but wondering if there is anything else to check or try.

Thanks! The drool is a comin'!
Synthia, so many bellies to rub, so little time
Bud (what was I doing?), Zuma, Kahuna, Peaches, Pearl, Dickens, Ernest, Elliot and Ace da Newf