[Dailydrool] Oatmeal Raisin Cookie

Carla Andersen cjawaterprincess at hotmail.com
Wed May 26 14:40:16 PDT 2010

Today is the 1 year anniversary of Oatmeal Raisin Cookie getting her angel wings.  I am trying to think of ways to honor her.  Throughout the day, I have been reflecting on how she changed my life and taught me how meaningful and all-consuming basset motherhood is.  I told my friends and family that since I worshipped her, had rituals and celebrations for her, that I guess my religion is basset.  Since I had Cookie before I met my (now ex) husband, I made him ride in the back seat of the BUV and sleep on the couch.  I removed my bedframe and boxspring so I could put the queen-size mattress on the floor so Cookie could do her basset sommersault onto it.  I remember actually saying to my mother, "Cookie expects a lot from me and I don't want to disappoint her, so I have to hang up now."  Cookie looked nearly identical to "our" Elder Clara.  She was also in a wedding of a couple I didn't even know, the instant they saw her getting her tan on, they invited her into their wedding and wedding photos.  That's my baby!

Carla Andersen
"You need a dog to get rid of that new car smell."