[Dailydrool] Walking the hounds

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Wed May 26 14:51:42 PDT 2010

Back healing drool to the human slave Kenneth.  We hope that you are back up and at it real soon.  Still drooling for Trixie, Maggie and her UTI recovery, and for Elder Clara. The boys are even slinging drool to Duncan the kitty, heehehe doing that one just for fun and to see a cat soaked in basset drool!  And lots of drool for the moms that are worried sick about their furbabies.

Karen and the Out of Africa Bassets, We wish you best of luck in your new home.  Sounds like the boys & I need to go with your hounds to the luxury kennel. Hehehe.

Honey Bun, Congratulations on your new foster home.  We hope that you find your forever home soon....maybe right there if your foster mom becomes a foster failure.

 Ruger has been a bit stressed on his walks...like he is a soldier walking the streets Iraq or Afghanistan and is on high alert waiting for some kind of attack.  He walks with tail down and you can feel the tension coming up the leash.  Colt on the other hand is just a big happy, dopey dog and loves his walks because he just knows that he'll see something exciting or have an adoring fan come up for pets. However I am pleased to report that over the last 2 weeks (when it there has not been suffocating humidity & we have been able to walk) that Ruger now seems to be enjoying his walks more.  Slowly the tail has risen and now  over the last 2 nights has been raised and actually wagging.  I am so happy & proud of my boy for overcoming his fears. Both dogs walk really well...and get to the business of getting their walk in and not sniffing everything, and ignoring all of the cats and squirrels.  Most nights they are excellent, on a few nights they turn into stereotypical bassets and have to sniff everything, attempt to chase squirrels or cats, etc.  But 95-98% of the time they are excellent walkers...as long as we stay on our normal walking route around the neighborhood...Go to the park or anywhere else and the story changes dramatically....But that is another story for  another time.

Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers.
Colt  'I love going for a walk"
Ruger "this walking thing isn't sooo bad"

Colt:  http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1134867

Ruger:    http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1134878