[Dailydrool] Copper's smelly mouth

Hinchliffe at aol.com Hinchliffe at aol.com
Wed May 26 19:13:41 PDT 2010

Hi --

It's probably just a yeasty infection or something in his mouth, but I
really urge you to push the vet to see him or at least run some bloodwork right
 away -- I don't want to worry you (which I probably will, so sorry,
because I'm  sure it's just something minor), but there's a tiny chance that it
could be a  kidney problem, the first sign can be a foul smell on the breath,
and if they  can catch it immediately, it can be treated.  You could explain
that to the  vet's office, and if they can't squeeze you in for an
appointment, maybe you  could just drop him off and they could take his blood and
run it quickly, my vet  will often do this if she doesn't have an actual
appointment time.  This  would save days on starting the treatment, which could
be important.

Again -- don't want to alarm you, I'm sure it will be nothing!  But  I'm
such an obsessive worrier (the vet called me "neurotic mama"), I thought I'd
pass it on.

Hugs to your boy --

Beth H.