[Dailydrool] Guarding Behavior

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu May 27 03:41:48 PDT 2010

I have noticed a distinct upswing in guarding behavior. Mine. Like Maggie
Wags my hounds, ever on the lookout for new foods to conquer have turned me
into a resource guarder of the first order.
One hand is always on the plate.
I have little spots up high (REALLY high) where I can quickly stash a plate
or bowl while I break up a fight or drag a bunch of howling hounds into the
house. Once one is inside I better have the edibles well out of reach: Nigel
is just plain faster than the speed of sound, and Conley will boing around
the room on his hind legs trying to reach....and there I am fifteen feet
away bellowing THAT'S MINE! THAT'S MINE!! Like it is going to make a
difference....

I wonder what Ceasar Milan would do to train me not to be such a resource
guarder. I wonder if I bite.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper (who is no slouch, either.)