[Dailydrool] MRSA

clara at spiritone.com clara at spiritone.com
Fri May 28 17:45:39 PDT 2010

Oh, I am sorry.  I had 6 MRSA infections in my legs over am 18 month period, three years ago.  The R is for RESISTANT, and only 3 antibiotics worked on what I had. It turned out I was allergic to one.  i had IVs twice.  It was very disheartening when it returned.

I was told to disinfect my entire house & wash everything with bleach or non-chlorine bleach.  I had to wipe things down with clorox wipes and bathe with a special soap. I even had to use an antibiotic ointment in my nose because MRSA can colonize. I was very faithful because I was told it could spread to pets.

So, tell your sister to faithfully do everything her doctor tells her.  Wash all the dog bedding and other things in the house.  Keep up the routine even after clearing up the infection. And don't be upset if it returns. It is very hard to kill.

Adrienne Gillespie, Fiona, Lucy, Louie ATB, Clara ATB