[Dailydrool] Piggie Ears

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sun May 30 16:36:35 PDT 2010

I have to agree with Michele on this. I think the culprit is the fat content
in the ears themselves, not salmonella or some other rogue bacteria/virus
type of thing. I used to buy them but one of the dogs (not this group) came
down with terrible pancreatitis and Doc told me to stop using them, that
they were terrible for dogs who were sensitive to fats. Not all dogs are.
Just as one dog may eat an entire crew sock and poop it out without a
problem, his littermate may end up on the surgeon's table having several
feet of intestine removed after ingesting one.
You wouldn't offer your dog a pan of bacon grease. Why offer them something
almost as bad when there are so many other choices?

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper (who ate the crew sock and
pooped it out.)