[Dailydrool] Woefully Behind Again-

basetsavr5 at aol.com basetsavr5 at aol.com
Mon May 31 13:12:52 PDT 2010

Momma here, what is behind yet again, but reading the droolz catching up.
First Happy Memorial Day to all, we salute all the wonderful folks that keep our country safe. We thank you one and all.
We were so sorry to read of Justin's trip to the bridge, but what a long and wonderful life, with that we celebrate, and pray that his journey--even if it was the scenic route-was a good ride.
Synthia's post on her job loss rocked my world. My friend, I wish we were closer just so I could at least give you a huge heartfelt hug. Please keep us posted, we are worried.
Drool to all in need, for any ailment, we have more than plenty as the temps are in the 90's today.

We have had a bar-b-que here yesterday for a bunch of friends and neighbors that had no plans with family, and a long weekend on their paws. Many of them were older, not really dog folks, so the boyz went into lockdown, under protest I might add. Well, there came a time when I had to let them out for a potty break. Brudder Elwood decided it was his time to shine, and greet the group. He raced merrily into the family room and made a flying leap onto a lady--that had never met him-not a dog person-and promptly pinned her to the couch as she screamed. Elwood jumped down, and in my effort to grab him, he decided to blast her yet again. She got the full Brudder body press to the couch yet again and this time he threw in a rousing bark. She aged about 10 years on his second visit, and as I pulled Elwood off of her, and drug him back to his crate I swear I heard him say that was worth the trouble-----
Elder Clara and Sister Daisy had a good time, as the girls are calm and greeted everyone with a smile and a roll over for a belly rub.
Brudder Jake was a good boy,he greeted everyone nicely on his potty break, and made his Momma proud.

Elder Clara got a new dog door ramp this weekend, she is still weak on her rear leg, and most of the time we make sure we open the door for her to go in and out, but there was a 3 inch step there so hubby built her a ramp to help her out. We were concerned about what to put on the ramp as  we seen her get in a hurry and slide down it, so for now we went and got a white bathroom rug and covered it. The non skid back seems to hold, and the white won't be as hot---now do you notice the slave obedience going on here????
Elwood has decided the ramp is like a diving board, his feet hit the ramp and he is in the middle of the family room. but the leaping and not looking about got his goose cooked as he piled in on Sister Daisy that was sleepng oh so soundly until da Brudder landed on top of her.
With the high temperatures here, I have covered all the dog beds with sheets to help keep the hounds cool as the AC is cranking and the floor fans running. The hounds love the cool feel and are easy to wash.

We hope this is a good calm week, and send drool to all in need!

Debbie Winchester
PW, OEBE Elder Clara,
Elder Sister Daisy, Brudder Jake