[Dailydrool] Roxanne and the many chews to choose

Susan Kitz smkitz at hotmail.com
Mon May 31 21:04:59 PDT 2010

Now that we have had our new foster, Honey Bun for a week and Buttercup is somewhat resigned to the idea of another food competitor I broke out the package of shews SH had brought.  Buttercup does not care for them but if I hand them out , one to a dog she goes ballistic, even if she gets hers first.  But if I just toss them around the floor she doesn't react.  So, for a while everyone had a chew then Roxy mysteriously disappeared for long periods of time.  She often spends time with son who has a abedroom downstairs and he snacks.  Roxy likes to sleep with him.  However, he goes to work and usually Roxy prefers the company upstairs, like DH's lap, no Roxy but some barking, he had shut the door to downstairs and worse shut the light in his room.  Roxy made it clear she did not want to come up but wanted me to turn on the light and stay downstairs with her.  I was tempted, he has a nicer TV, but the reason for this was plain to see.  Roxy had managed to sneak 3 chews downstairs and did not want to leave them unattended.  Poor Roxy has been staying downstairs for the better part of the day all weekend.  Thankfully Honey (not Honey Bun) is satisfied in hiding hers under pillows and other crafty places apparently unaware that the other bassets have good noses too.  As soon sa she is not looking Beau ferrets them out and runs off with them.  Roxy is not taking chances with hers.  She knows about those boy houndies.  Sue K finding partially chews chews in unexpected places -ick. MomPerson to Buttercup - I don't know what all the fuss is about.  Beau - Teasure Hunt!  Honey - I found the bestest spot, he'll never find it there.  Roxanne - I'm going to get them all Honey Bun - Just pet me lots and the put-upon kitties and Mickey, the cockateil, who is overdosing on morrors A disco bal of tiny Mickeys ae they friends or foes, are they alien cockatiels?  How do I protect my flock?